How to Turn Off Double Opt-In in Klaviyo
All Klaviyo accounts are set to Double Opt-In by default, with the option to disable it hidden from view.
If you are on a free Klaviyo plan, you cannot change this setting.
Those on paid Klaviyo plans can disable Double Opt-In, but this should be considered very carefully.
If you are unsure why Double Opt-In is recommended for list building, or you want to understand the difference between Double and Single Opt-In, read this post.
When Single Opt-In does make sense
In such cases, it makes absolute sense to change to Single Opt-In in Klaviyo. This will avoid customers receiving multiple opt-in confirmation messages.
How to Turn Off Double Opt-In
Once you’re satisfied that Single Opt-In is a necessary requirement for your online store, the process of disabling it is actually quite straightforward:
- If you’re on a free plan, you will first have to upgrade your Klaviyo account
- Once you’re on a paid plan, reach out to the Klaviyo Support Team and ask them to enable the edit Opt-In feature
- Once enabled, go to the Settings tab for the list you wish to edit (see below)
- You will notice that ‘Unsubscribes’ has changed to ‘Opt-In & Unsubscibes’
- Simply uncheck the box next to ‘Require subscribers to confirm their subscription before being added to your list.‘
Just to reiterate, it is highly recommended to use some form of Double Opt-In, either the Klaviyo default setting, or through a third party email signup tool.
Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Related Klaviyo help centre documents:
About Murray FinlaysonEmail Marketing Consultant
Murray is a Sydney-based email marketing specialist and qualified Klaviyo Master. With 12 years experience on a number of platforms, including Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp and Active Campaign, he became a Klaviyo ‘convert’ in 2016. Before establishing Finlayson Digital, Murray was an ecommerce manager for a number of Australian retailers across a range of categories, including books, home storage solutions and menswear, so has first hand experience of running an ecommerce business. For full background details, read About Finlayson Digital. Follow on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.