FAQ: Can custom HTML templates be imported to Klaviyo?
In short, yes they can.
But there are a couple of important caveats you should be aware of:
- When you import any custom HTML templates into Klaviyo, you will not automatically be able to change/add/remove any of the content in the template using the built-in Drag-and-Drop email editor.
- Whilst Klaviyo platform does support custom HTML, they are unable to support your custom templates. They only offer the general guidance covered in their help documentation.
However, there is something of a workaround available.
If you add some tags to the HTML, you will be able to make some of the blocks editable within Klaviyo’s Drag-and-Drop editor.
Once you’ve added the tags, the template will still show up in your Email Templates tab. It will not appear in the Drag-and-Drop editor until you use it in a campaign or flow email.
But be mindful of the compromise:
- This only works for certain sections, not the entire HTML template.
- Because it will only be partially editable with the Drag-and-Drop editor, you may not be able to rely on getting too much help from Klaviyo’s support team.
It’s probably best to choose one way or the other:
- Import custom HTML templates (a) if you’d rather use an HTML editor outside of Klaviyo, or (b) if you prefer working directly within source code and (c) only if you have the technical skills or resources to troubleshoot and resolve any issues independently.
- Otherwise, it’s probably best to stick with creating or recreating your template directly into Klaviyo’s Drag-and-Drop editor.